The MonadA1 from Tectonic Elements is a battery powered mono amplifier reference design targeted at wireless audio applications. Based on the Audium 13 watt burst mono amplifier, the MonadA1 is efficient enough to be powered from a single AA Ni-MH rechargeable battery.
Audium's power amplifier technology differs from that of other Class D switching amplifier designs in that it operates efficiently over the entire frequency bandwidth regardless of output power. Most other Class D amplifiers are at optimum efficiency only at full output power, which rarely happens in the real world.
What Audium's efficiency achieves is the ability to create a truly wireless speaker when the MonadA1 is embedded into a speaker, powered off of a battery, and connected to a wireless audio receiver. While the MonadA1 was designed to accept the low power Kleer KLR3012 wireless audio device from SMSC, it will work with other wireless receivers that consume a low amount of power, such as the wireless USB transmitter included with this kit.
Features and Specifications:
• Power output: 3 watts continuous into 8 ohms, 13 watts burst power into 8 ohms
• Impedance: 8 to 16 ohms
• Designed to use a 1.0V to 1.4V AA battery for power
• CD quality sound: 16-bit, 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sample rates, 20-20,000 Hz frequency response
• 44-step volume control with 1.5 dB attenuation per step
• Mute function and 16 user-configurable biquad filters
• Tuneable bass extension and stereo-wide audio feature
• Automatic power save modes
• Click and pop suppression
• Dimensions: 65 x 40 x 25 mm (L x W x H)