After three decades of developing pioneering audio products and systems, QSC raises the bar once again, setting a new standard in signal processing with the new DSP-3 Digital Signal Processing Module. The DSP-3's two channels of independent signal processing deliver more power, flexibility, and features; in short, more of everything you really need in a DSP, for less. Simple to install and compact, the DSP-3 is the advanced and affordable digital signal processing solution for your audio system.
The DSP-3's processing horsepower is dynamically assignable so you’re not locked into a fixed configuration. Simply plug your laptop into its RS-232 serial interface and use QSC's powerful configuration software. You can easily configure multiple processing functions and signal flow with "click-and-drop" simplicity. The DSP-3 also allows real-time control or set-and-forget convenience. You can even save each configuration on disk for future recall.
Getting attached to the DSP-3? Then you’ll be glad to know how easily it attaches to most two-channel DataPort-equipped QSC amplifiers, including the CX, DCA, and new PowerLight 2—without taking up extra rack space. Or use multiple DSP-3s with our rack-mount panel kit to create a stand-alone DSP solution that interfaces with any amplifier or system.
Each channel includes
• Crossover filtering
• Multiple parametric EQs
• Shelf filtering
• Tone and noise generation
• Precision attenuation
• Multiple delays (up to 910 ms)
• Compression and limiting
• Two independent channels of DSP
• 48 kHz, 24-bit converters
• No turn on pops or zipper noise
• If the memory or hardware fails, unit turns on muted
• Host interface via RS-232 or QSControl Audio Network System* via CM16a Amplifier Network Monitor
• Electronically balanced inputs
• Contact closure to trigger gain preset changes
• Post-DSP output signal for daisy-chaining
• Peak, RMS and Clip meter displays
• Selectable input sensitivity: 1.5, 4, 9, 13 Vrms; 6, 14.5, 21.5, 24.5 dBu; 3.5, 12, 19, 22.2 dBV
• DataPort "pass-through" compatible with QSControl
• Selectable output sensitivity: 4 Vrms or 6 Vrms
• "Drag-and-drop" configuration software
• DSP processing power and memory dynamically assignable to signal processing functions
• Graphical representation of DSP resources
• Firmware upgrades downloadable via RS-232
• Hard copy printout of configuration layout or parameter settings
Specifications: • Audio converter: 24 bit, 48 kHz • Frequency response: Euro input 20 Hz - 10 kHz, ±0.3 dB/20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.7 dB; DataPort 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±0.2 dB • Distortion: <0.01% THD+N at +4 dBu • Throughput delay: 1.00 millisecond • Input impedance: 8.3k ohm balanced, 3.7k ohm unbalanced • Common mode rejection: >50 dB, 20 Hz - 20 kHz typical/ >40 dB and 20 kHz worst case • Dimensions: 3.47" H x 3.37" (without flanges), 3.75" (with flanges) W x 1.37" D (8.81 x 8.56, 9.52 x 3.48) • Weight: 0.6 lbs. (0.27 kg).