Pioneer's PRS-D800 is designed for the particular audiophile in much the same way high-end professional amplifiers are built. It forgoes the extra bells and whistles that other amplifiers include (bass boost, crossovers, high to low converters... et cetera) in favor of delivering a pure, clean source of power for your speakers. You may find this amp to be better than most of your home audio gear when all is said and done!
Audiophile Quality Meets Car Audio Mobility
The PRS-D800 two channel amplifier from Pioneer contains audiophile grade components that were carefully selected and design perfected to achieve the highest audio quality possible in the mobile audio environment.
- High Performance High-Slew Rate Operational Amp: The PRS amplifier includes Linear Technology Corporation's high-performance high-slew rate operational amplifier in the circuitry that generates PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signals from analog input signals with amazing accuracy. The result: very linear music reproduction with low distortion rate.
- Capacitors Selected Explicitly for Audio Quality: Extensive listening tests went into selecting each audio capacitor for optimal clarity, frequency response, and dynamic range. High-end sound tonality and detail were chosen above cost, even when differences were minute.
- OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) Wire Coil for Output: The output of the Class-FD amplifier features OFC wire coil for low DC (Direct Current) resistance and low loss, so that speakers can be driven strongly to produce tight bass, a vivid midrange, and crystal clear highs.
- TVC (Total Vibration Control): Anti-vibration isolation material under the transformer thoroughly eliminates vibration that normally blocks sound when high current is applied, enhancing power flow stability, minimizing distortion, and raising the signal-to-noise ratio.
The ultra-compact design of the PRS-D800 gives you a multitude of installation options. A functionally separated circuit layout and four-layer circuit board are designed to integrate mounted parts, reduce circuit impedance, and maintain high performance and sound quality. The design's efficient heat dissipation is ideal for an amplifier that is compact enough to be installed in various places in a vehicle.
The PRS amplifier is designed for a sense of unity in parallel connections, allowing for flexible amplifier combinations and installation according to system configuration. A bottom mounted mode switch turns the PRS-D800 from a stereo amplifier (requiring stereo RCA connections) to a mono amplifier (requiring only one RCA connection).
• CEA-2006 certified power output:
125 watts x 2 (@ 14.4V, 4Ω, ≤1% THD+N)
300 watts x 1 (@ 14.4V, 2Ω, ≤1% THD+N)
150 watts x 2 (@ 14.4V, 2Ω, ≤1% THD+N)
• Frequency response: 10 to 30,000 Hz (+0 dB, -3 dB)
• Signal-to-noise ratio:
105 dB (IHF-A network)
84 dB (1W @ 4Ω)
• Distortion: 0.004% (4W @ 1 kHz)
70 dB (10W @ 1 kHz)
65 dB (10W, 100 to 10,000 Hz)
• Gain control: 400 mV to 6.5V
• Maximum input level: 6.5V
• Input impedance: 22k Ω
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 4-1/8" x 10" x 2"