Peavey Electronics and leading iPhone applications developer Agile Partners have joined forces to launch AmpKit, an unparalleled guitar amp and effects iPhone application, and AmpKit LiNK, a high fidelity audio interface for the iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad. Together, AmpKit and AmpKit LiNK provide musicians of all skill levels with a powerful and convenient way to jam with high quality tones anytime and anywhere.
The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.
Unlike unpowered guitar interfaces that suffer from feedback when using headphones, AmpKit Link is a powered device with circuitry that virtually eliminates feedback. AmpKit Link is the first guitar interface that was specifically designed to provide solutions for the iPhone platform.
The interface can be used with any recording, processing, or tuning application, including Agile Partners' GuitarToolkit, one of the highest-rated applications in the iTunes App Store. AmpKit Link requires two AA batteries (sold separately).
*Except first-generation iPod touch
Now a "universal" app supporting iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, AmpKit 1.1 is available for free to everyone who already purchased AmpKit for iPhone/iPod touch. In addition, any gear (i.e., amps, pedals, mics) you already purchased can be easily shared across devices using AmpKit's Restore Purchases functionality. AmpKit 1.1 leverages the iPad's seamless rotation between landscape and portrait orientations and takes full advantage of the iPad's larger display. For example, you can view an entire amp and pedal setup while simultaneously modifying gear settings, or view as many as 15 setups or presets at once without scrolling. AmpKit 1.1 provides users with a delightful interactive experience that includes beautiful amp and pedal artwork designed specifically for iPad.
AmpKit 1.1 is a massive update that offers an unparalled set of new features:
• Audio Copy and Paste. You can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps, and paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma's AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple's General Pasteboard.
• Amazing New Gear. AmpKit 1.1 offers a new American Acoustic amp with 16 built-in effects, a Tremo-LOL pedal with American and British tremolo modes, and the Wahba Doo all-in-one envelope filter + auto-wah + manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
• Awesome New Bundles. You'll find three new bundles in AmpKit 1.1 featuring discounts ranging from 50% to 70% compared to individual component prices! In fact, you can buy almost every item in the Gear Store via these highly discounted bundles.
• And Much More! AmpKit 1.1 offers a ton of additional new features and enhancements including the ability to place pedals both before and after the amp; instant access to your iPod music library so you can jam along; setup sharing, favorites and locking; quick jump from one favorite setup or preset to another; and a lot more!
| || |
Agile Partners and Peavey Electronics are proud to bring you AmpKit, the ultimate iPhone amp and pedal studio with extensive recording and re-amping capabilities, and AmpKit LiNK, a high fidelity electric guitar interface.
AmpKit is available in two versions:
AmpKit is a free app, available on the iTunes App Store, that comes with a Peavey ValveKing® amp (clean and very-high-gain lead channels), two ValveKing® cabinets (4x12 and 1x12), two pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer overdrive pedal), two mics (Workhorse 57 dynamic mic, Germann 87 condenser mic), and a built-in Noise & Feedback Filter.
AmpKit+ is a paid app ($19.99 in the US App Store) that includes everything in the free version PLUS the following additional gear at less than half their individual prices: Peavey 3120™ amp with clean, rhythm, and ultra-high-gain lead channels and matching 4x12 cabinet; Colonel Vintage amp paired with matching 4x10 and 1x12 cabinets; Vintage Brit amp with matching 2x12 cabinet; and distortion, fuzz, compressor, chorus, phaser, flanger, reverb, and 10-band EQ pedals!
In both AmpKit and AmpKit+, an amazing array of additional gear modeled after real-world equipment is available for purchase through an in-app Gear Store. AmpKit has more than twice the number of components of other apps, with more gear coming!
For example, you can view an entire amp and pedal setup while simultaneously modifying gear settings, or view as many as 15 setups or presets at once without scrolling. AmpKit 1.1 provides users with a delightful interactive experience that includes beautiful amp and pedal artwork designed specifically for iPad.
Features of AmpKit :
• Over 75 predefined amp and pedal setups
• Easily create and save an unlimited number of custom setups, with a dozen or more active pedals in each setup
• Record as you play: AmpKit creates both "dry" (guitar signal before effects are applied) and "wet" (guitar signal with effects applied) recordings
• Ability to "reamp": re-record a previous session, applying a new amp and pedal setup
• Realistic simulations of high-gain amps (e.g. Peavey ValveKing® and 6505®+) that you can listen to with headphones (be sure to use AmpKit LiNK which has special crosstalk / feedback reduction circuitry)
• Mic positioning control
• Ultra-low latency (i.e., not even noticeable)
• The same high-precision tuner and metronome technology used in GuitarToolkit
• Upload dry recordings for reamping, or your favorite songs and backing tracks to play along with
• Download AmpKit recordings to your computer, email recordings, or share using SoundCloud
Starting with the Peavey ValveKing® that comes free with AmpKit, you'll find AmpKit offers amps that sound incredible and look gorgeous! Amps based on legends, amps that roar, amps that crunch when you turn them up. Each amp in AmpKit and AmpKit+ is modeled after the real amp's actual circuitry, and includes individual controls that match up with the most important knobs and switches on the actual amp. Many amps include multiple channels: the Peavey ValveKing®, for example, includes both clean and very-high-gain lead channels, which is almost like getting two amps instead of one! With 13 amps and 21 distinct amp channels already available, there's something for everyone with more amps coming!
AmpKit includes two awesome cabinets matched with the Peavey ValveKing® amp: the ValveKing® 4x12 and ValveKing® 1x12. AmpKit+ matches the Peavey 6505®+ 4x12 cab with the Peavey 3120™ amp, 4x10 and 1x12 cabinets with the Colonel Vintage amp, and a 2x12 cab with the Vintage Brit. In the in-app Gear Store, you'll find13 cabinets -- from workhorse cabs with solid mid tones to powerful cabs with colorful crunches -- matched with AmpKit's amazing amps.
Audio pros know that microphone selection is another critical aspect of amp tone, and yes, AmpKit again gives you total control - not only of the microphone you use but also microphone positioning! AmpKit includes for free the Workhorse 57 dynamic and the Germann 87 condenser. Six additional mics are available in the Gear Store from rugged dynamic mics that can handle whatever volume you dish out to amazing condenser mics with the frequency and transient response you need. All with ultra-low latency.
Besides powerful, ultra-low latency amp, cabinet, pedal, and mic simulations, AmpKit also includes all the tools you need for a complete guitar studio.
- Recording & Re-amping: AmpKit not only allows you to record as you play, but it also creates both "dry" (guitar signal before effects are applied) and "wet" (guitar signal with effects applied) recordings. This enables another amazing feature of AmpKit: re-amping, where you can take a recording and re-record it using a completely different amp and pedal setup. Once you've made a recording, you can upload it to your computer, or post it directly to SoundCloud. The result is an incredibly powerful guitar recording studio!
- Backing Tracks: Upload your favorite songs and play along, or record your own backing tracks! It's an amazing way to learn and a lot of fun too!
- Tuner & Metronome: AmpKit includes the same high-precision tuner and metronome technology used in GuitarToolkit, and both the tuner and metronome are visible right from the setup screen with no need to switch screens.