Kenwood amplifiers are built to take the abuse of a demanding mobile audio system. Each amplifier is rated according to the CEA-2006 Standard so you know you can trust the power output listed for each amplifier, where many other amplifier manufacturers list the power output right before the amplifier goes into thermal shutdown.
For the sound quality (SQ) car audio enthusiast looking to drive their sound system with a single amplifier, the four-channel KAC-8405 amplifier delivers the superior sound quality that Kenwood's Performance Series amplifiers are known and bought for. The KAC-8405 delivers up to 360 watts of pure Kenwood power when bridged mono into two 4Ω loads (900W x 4 into 2Ω loads) making it perfect for driving all four door and dash speakers, and a subwoofer, or two subwoofers. A MOSFET power supply ensures that the Class AB power amplifier will be delivered efficiently without fail, and a cooling fan keeps the music going in extreme heat.
Built-in crossover filters, variable low-pass (50 to 200 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and variable high-pass (50 to 200 Hz, 12 dB/octave), customize the amplifier output so you’ll get the best sound possible from your subwoofer. Kenwood's KAC-8405 features cast aluminum heat sinks that are characteristic of Kenwood’s superior build quality. High quality RCA preamp and speaker-level inputs (with signal sensing turn-on) maintain signal integrity.
• CEA-2006 Standard power output: 60W x 4 @ 4Ω (0.08% THD+N, 20-20,000 Hz), 90W x 4 @ 2Ω (0.08% THD+N, 20-20,000 Hz)
• Rated power output (14.4 V): 180W x 2 @ 4Ω (1.0% THD+N, 1 kHz)
• Frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Input sensitivity: 0.2 to 5.0 V
• Input impedance: 10 kΩ
• Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
• Low-pass filter (variable): 50~200 Hz, -12 dB/octave
• High-pass filter (variable): 50~200 Hz, -12 dB/octave
• Variable bass boost: 0-18 dB @ 40 Hz
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 11" x 2-5/16" x 9-3/8"