Kenwood amplifiers are built to take the abuse of a demanding mobile audio system. Each amplifier is rated according to the CEA-2006 Standard so you know you can trust the power output listed for each amplifier, where many other amplifier manufacturers list the power output right before the amplifier goes into thermal shutdown.
Sound quality (SQ) car audio enthusiasts buy Kenwood amps for their superior quality, and the KAC-7205 is no exception. The KAC-7205 delivers up to 500 watts of pure Kenwood power when bridged mono into a 4Ω load (250W x 2 into 2Ω loads) making it perfect for driving a stereo set of speakers, all four door and dash speakers, or a Kenwood Performance Series subwoofer. A MOSFET power supply ensures that the Class AB power amplifier will be delivered efficiently without fail. Dual cooling fans to keep the amplifier running in even the worst conditions.
The built-in, variable low-pass filter (50 to 200 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and variable 0 to 18 dB (@ 40 Hz) bass boost optimizes the amplifier output so you’ll get the best sound possible from your subwoofer. Kenwood's KAC-7205 features cast aluminum heat sinks that are characteristic of Kenwood’s superior build quality. High quality RCA preamp and speaker-level inputs, with signal sensing turn-on, maintain signal integrity. Cool blue LED illumination lights up your installation location.
• CEA-2006 Standard power output: 170W x 2 @ 4Ω (1.0% THD+N, 20-20,000 Hz)
• Rated power output (14.4 V): 250W x 2 @ 2Ω (0.08% THD+N, 1 kHz), 500W x 1 @ 4Ω (0.08% THD+N, 1 kHz)
• Frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Input sensitivity: 0.2 to 5.0 V
• Input impedance: 10 kΩ
• Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
• Low-pass filter (variable): 50~200 Hz, -12 dB/octave
• Bass boost (variable level): 0~18 dB @ 40 Hz
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 13-3/4" x 2-5/16" x 9-3/8"